I’m Bernadette Geyer and I like to play with words.
As a freelancer, I work with people and businesses that are moving into new territories – whether they are starting a new enterprise or seeking startup funding, adding a new service to their business, dipping their toes into the waters of social media, publishing a book, expanding their business to approach English-speaking markets, or taking that first step to establish an online presence for their business.
I bring more than 20 years of marketing and publishing experience to my writing and editing, so that you can be sure your marketing materials, websites, blogs, and social media accounts are clear, concise, and compelling. I also work to keep your texts consistent – so you can establish and maintain your brand image.
Since 2006, I’ve helped dozens of small businesses, startups, solopreneurs, nonprofits, and authors attract more customers (and readers!) by:
- Writing and editing website text and landing pages for small businesses and startups
- Providing tutorials for small businesses, freelancers, and authors who want to establish an online presence and figure out how to “do” social media
- Reviewing and editing blog posts and newsletters for small businesses
- Proofreading pitch decks and sales decks for startups
- Copy editing book manuscripts and galleys for authors and publishers
- Leading online workshops for business professionals and creative writers who want to expand their skills
In 2013, my family jumped ponds by moving to Germany and I added business translation services to my list of freelance offerings for clients. To further challenge myself, I’ve even translated poems by some of Germany’s beloved poets into English.
Feel free to check out my LinkedIn profile and connect with me there.
Contact me if you need someone to help you make sure you’re making yourself clear in your writings – whether it’s for online or print purposes!
I’m also a creative writer with a couple of books under my belt, as well as many published articles, essays, and poems. I’ve served on editorial boards of publishers and literary magazines, so I know the industry from both sides of the publishing process. You can find links to my books and my published prose, poetry, and literary translations at http://www.bernadettegeyer.com.