I’m Bernadette Geyer and I like being a little fish in a big pond, because it means there’s plenty of room for me to grow.
That’s why, as a freelancer, I like to work with people and businesses seeking to move into new territories – whether they are starting a business or seeking startup funding, adding a new service to their business, dipping their toes into the waters of social media, publishing a book, expanding their business to approach English-speaking markets, or taking that first step to establish an online presence for their business.
If your pond is big enough for you to continue to grow, that’s terrific! I can help you grow within your pond, and I can help you if you’re ready to move to a bigger pond.
With more than 20 years of marketing experience, managing multiple websites, blogs, and social media accounts, I’ve spent my entire professional life helping businesses and nonprofits get their message out into the world.
Since 2006, I’ve helped small businesses, startups, solopreneurs, and authors attract more customers (and readers!) by:
- Writing and editing website text and landing pages for small businesses and startups
- Providing tutorials for small businesses, freelancers, and authors who want to establish an online presence and figure out how to “do” social media
- Reviewing and editing blog posts and newsletters for small businesses
- Proofreading pitch decks and sales decks for startups
- Copy editing book manuscripts and galleys for authors and publishers
- Leading online workshops for business professionals and creative writers who want to expand their skills
In 2013, my family jumped ponds by moving to Germany and I added business translation services to my list of freelance offerings for clients. To further challenge myself, I’ve even translated poems by some of Germany’s beloved poets into English.
Contact me if you need someone to help you make sure you’re making yourself clear in your writings – whether it’s for online or print purposes!
I’m also a creative writer with a couple of books under my belt, as well as many published articles, essays, and poems. I’ve served on editorial boards of publishers and literary magazines, so I know the industry from both sides of the publishing process. You can find links to my books and my published prose, poetry, and literary translations at http://www.bernadettegeyer.com.